Thursday 6 March 2014

They make me cry...


 
I open my eyes to this world everyday, thinking today may be it will be better. I look at the sky everyday, thinking perhaps, today the sun might come out. I open my windows to the street outside...thinking maybe today; the child across the street will sleep peacefully, without being beaten up.
 

Perhaps today, people won’t need reasons to hug each other and when they won’t need an occasion to smile. Today there will be no more accidents, no more angry displays of nature...no storm, no earth quake, no blasts...anywhere in the world.

 May be sometime today if I close my eyes, I might get to listen to that perfect silence inside me.
And then when I step out at the end of a tiring day and look up...I hope there will be a canopy of midnight azure-blue sky spilled with a million stars, blinking their eyes at me…
And if I am lucky, perhaps even, the child across the street might smile at me and I may just stand there watching him fall asleep cradled in the silent arms of the night.
Perhaps, tonight I will go to bed without a single thought in mind and would sleep through, uninterrupted by dreams or nightmares. Floating atop the peace inside me...drifting from one world to another. In perfect silence.
Alas, but this is only a dream! Just a dream and nothing more...
 
I open my eyes today ...and I see suffering. I listen and I hear nothing but screams...
As it is now, the world makes me cry a river inside me …every day.



It is pain- its unbearable pain. I, like many of us, choke on it every day and die a millions deaths every day! I wonder why people are scared to smile; I wonder why there is no respect. I wonder why they are unkind to our planet...I wonder why there is so much bitterness.
Everyday millions of children are born here, with closed eyes and folded palms; with only one dream in their minds; a dream no different to mine...
A dream without wings.
A dream...that will be dead and gone as soon as they  open their eyes.
The starving children homeless and tortured. The killings, sufferings and bloodshed. The screams of abuse at one another.  The mad noise of screaming urban life; the treeless rainforests, waterless riverbeds and lifeless toxic oceans. The struggle for pointless power and wealth and the torture in God’s name and a planet that is slowly wasting into oblivion ...where are we ?
 

 If this is so, I wonder if it is the last flutter. I wonder if it is the last dance.

5 comments:

  1. ;)) nice write up... but I am curious to know, what triggered you to write this article.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-) The day to day insensitivity that is all around us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady, whats taking you to the darker side of the thoughts?

    But well written, I can relate. I guess thats life, each to his own. Only way to overcome this madness is to stand your ground, remain positive in the face of adversity. Good read.

    Rgds,

    J.J

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not going comletely berserk! Just had a thought one day as to why can't it be simpler. Surely there is more goodness in the world. I mean even I think twice if a stranger smiles and is more friendly than he should be. On the side of caution but he could just have been a very simple human being being nice.so that got me thinking....

    ReplyDelete